Close Menu
Fox Global – Breaking News, Insights & Trends
  • Home
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • US
  • World
What's Hot

ESPN star warns Alabama fans amid loss to Florida State

August 31, 2025

Tulane coach says Northwestern ‘disrespected’ New Orleans for declining tribute

August 30, 2025

Deion Sanders’ son, Shilo Sanders, fined after preseason game punch

August 30, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Fox Global – Breaking News, Insights & Trends
  • Home
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • US
  • World
Fox Global – Breaking News, Insights & Trends
Home » Conner Smith returns to Grand Ole Opry stage after deadly Nashville car accident

Conner Smith returns to Grand Ole Opry stage after deadly Nashville car accident

adminBy adminJuly 31, 2025 Entertainment No Comments4 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Post Views: 26


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Country music artist Conner Smith returned to the stage for the first time since a tragic car accident in June that left an elderly woman dead. 

His performance marked a deeply emotional and faith-filled night at the Grand Ole Opry. Sources close to Smith exclusively shared a video with Fox News Digital that showed the singer addressing the crowd, and opening up about the aftermath of the accident.

“I’ve found in the darkest of moments, the Lord is so much closer than ever before. He was better than I could ever imagine every step of the way,” Smith said.

“He was kinder than I could ever imagine. He was more of a defender than I could ever imagine in my heart.”

Conner Smith performing at the Grand Ole Opry

Conner Smith Conner Smith returned to the stage for the first time following a tragic car crash which left an elderly woman dead. (Jacob Powers)

RISING COUNTRY STAR CANCELS MULTIPLE SHOWS AS HE FACES MISDEMEANOR CHARGE IN DEADLY NASHVILLE CRASH

The 24-year-old singer-songwriter, known for hits like “Take It Slow” and “Creek Will Rise,” had canceled multiple performances over the past two months as he grieved and stepped back from the spotlight.

Now, in what he calls a “second chance,” Smith returned to the stage.

Conner Smith performing on stage at Stagecoach in 2025.

Conner Smith previously canceled multiple shows following the accident. (Photo by Scott Dudelson/Getty Images for Stagecoach)

Before he stepped onstage, Smith addressed fans directly with a heartfelt post on his blog post titled “The First Step.”

He candidly opened up about the emotional aftermath of the fatal crash and the private journey he’s been on since then.

Conner Smith at the SiriusXM office

Conner Smith addressed his fans with a heartfelt social media post prior to taking the stage. (Photo by Jason Davis/Getty Images for SiriusXM)

WATCH: COUNTRY SINGER CONNER SMITH CONFESSES TO DARK MOMENTS FOLLOWING FATAL CROSSWALK CRASH

“The moment tragedy came, I knew that my heart had no way to process it,” Smith wrote on Substack. “Surrounded by an incredible community, my wife, family, friends, pastors, for the first 30 days, I stayed isolated from the world. I spent most of my time with friends who had stopped by the house, or just me and Jesus. I turned off my phone, and the world, and simply guarded my mind, processing the pain with the people around me.”

During his performance at the Grand Ole Opry, Smith was introduced by fellow Christian artist Steven Curtis Chapman and performed a set filled with emotion and worship, debuting a personal new song titled “Songs of David,” which he described as a “version of a prayer” he’d been writing over the past two months.

Conner Smith with his guitar performing at the grand ole opry

Conner Smith debuted his new song, “Songs of David,” which he described as a “version of a prayer.” (Jacob Powers)

LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Smith’s heartfelt performance comes after he made the decision to cancel multiple shows in the wake of the accident. He explained at the time that he needed time to grieve and focus on his emotional well-being.

While he pointed out that performing has often served as a source of healing for him, he acknowledged that this moment required him to take a step back.

Conner Smith at the 2025 CMA Fest

Conner Smith said he decided to step back from performing out of respect for those who were grieving.  (Photo by Terry Wyatt/Getty Images for Big Machine Label Group)

“Out of respect for everyone involved and to give space for grieving, I made the decision to step away from shows these past few weeks. I have always found that making music and playing shows is a place of healing for me – but for this moment, it was important for me to take time away.”

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

In June, Smith was behind the wheel during the deadly Nashville crash that left a 77-year-old woman dead. Earlier this month, Smith was issued a misdemeanor citation for failure to yield, resulting in a fatality.

The rising country star took to social media to break his silence as he grieved and mourned the loss of Dorothy Dobbins.

“Four weeks ago, I was involved in a tragic vehicle accident that resulted in the loss of a life,” Smith penned in an Instagram post on July 11. “Not a day has gone by that I haven’t grieved, prayed, and mourned for Ms. Dobbins and her family.”

Conner Smith at the ACM Awards

Conner Smith was behind the wheel during a deadly crash in Nashville in June that left an elderly woman dead. (Photo by Rich Polk/Penske Media via Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP 

Stephanie Giang-Paunon is an Entertainment Writer for Fox News Digital. Story tips can be sent to stephanie.giang@fox.com and on Twitter: @SGiangPaunon.



Source link

admin
  • Website

Keep Reading

Pamela Anderson and Liam Neeson’s romance is real, not publicity stunt: insiders

Julia Roberts says new film controversy creates needed conversation

Cardi B’s witty testimony goes viral during civil trial court hearing

Christina Haack divorce finalized as Josh Hall posts scathing message

‘Brady Bunch’ star says playing ‘stupid’ character made her target for bullies

Shania Twain shares throwback ’80s photos before country music fame at 60

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Analysis of WSANDN’s Economic Initiative and Global Implications.

April 12, 2025

World Subnationals and Nations (WSandN) Negotiates Historic Economic Growth Partnership with 180 Countries.

March 27, 2025

Global Economic Council: Buffet, Musk, Zuckerberg, Bezos, Bernard Arnault, and Other Global Billionaires Named on Board to Drive Local Economic Growth Worldwide.

March 6, 2025

WSANDN’s EGCR and GPA Initiatives: Paving the Path to Global Peace & Unlocking $300 Trillion in Economic Prosperity.

March 5, 2025
Latest Posts

Pamela Anderson and Liam Neeson’s romance is real, not publicity stunt: insiders

August 30, 2025

Julia Roberts says new film controversy creates needed conversation

August 29, 2025

Cardi B’s witty testimony goes viral during civil trial court hearing

August 29, 2025

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Welcome to Global-Fox.com
At Global-Fox.com, we bring you the latest insights and updates on politics, world affairs, opinion pieces, entertainment, lifestyle, health, and travel. Our mission is to provide in-depth, fact-based journalism that informs, educates, and engages our audience.

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2025 global-fox. Designed by global-fox.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.